Modern Combat 3 is the latest first-person shooter from Gameloft, offering you Call of Duty-style action on the go. The USA is under attack, so like a number of recent shooters, the action will take place on home soil.
It's fair to say that for what the series lacks in originality, Modern Combat 3 makes up for in polish. The game looks great on the iPhone, moving well, with smoothly integrated cut scenes and quick time events. The campaign story missions mix up the FPS action nicely, although much like its console big brothers, Modern Combat 3 sometimes feels as if your teamates could survive just fine without you!
Gameloft has done a great job with the touchscreen controls. Although it's simply not an ideal interface, you'll soon get used to the controls which are really well optimized. There are three difficulty levels, and an extra 'Extreme' setting that unlocks when you beat the game. Like its predecessor there is a multi-player element too, which gives you much more freedom and a more competitive feel.
Modern Combat 3 is another well made FPS from Gameloft, improving on it predecessor, with plenty of content between the campaign and multi-player modes.
- 2 New Multiplayer Maps:
- • Warehouse: This map, from Modern Combat 2, is back by popular demand!
- • Rapture: A village showdown in the middle of the jungle!
- New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team Manhunt - Capture the flag with your team and keep it from your opponents as long as you can to earn points.
- New Skill:
- Sneak up on the opposition with Stealth, which reduces the sounds of your footsteps.
- New piece of equipment:
- The Shield has got your back! It reduces damage taken from behind.
- Minor bug fixes